Skirpan Funeral Home was established at 219 Market Street in Brownsville, PA on March 1, 1922 by Andrew J. Skirpan Sr. and his wife Anna Haky Skirpan.
After the untimely death of Andrew J. Skirpan in 1947, his wife - Anna Skirpan owned and operated the funeral home on a widow's license until their son - Andrew J. Skirpan Jr. came into the family business in 1949. Andrew J. Skirpan Jr. received his funeral director's license in 1950.
In 1960, The Skirpan Funeral Home was forced to relocate because of the construction of the Lane Bane Bridge in Brownsville. Andrew J. Skirpan and his wife Gilda, purchased 50+ acres of land at the end of Park Street in Brownsville where they built their brand new, state-of-the-art, ultra-modern facility which is the present day location of the funeral home at 135 Park Street, Brownsville.
In 1979, Andrew and Gilda's son - Guy A. Skirpan entered the family business and received his funeral director's license in 1980.
In 1990, after owning and operating the funeral home for 40 years, Andrew sold the funeral home to Guy. Today, The Skirpan Funeral Home INC. is proud to be in its 3rd generation of continuous family ownership. Guy, along with his wife Deanna - who is also a licensed funeral director - continue the tradition set forth back in 1922 and strive to maintain the highest level of professional, personal, and attentive service to families in their greatest time of need.